SDW Recruitment is proud to be the trusted recruitment partner for so many supply chain and logistics jobs companies across the United Kingdom. Founded in August 2002 and operating across the South of England, SDW Recruitment specialises in offering a range of recruitment solutions tailored to your requirements and your budget.
Our trusted specialists are experienced in recruiting for supply chain and logistics jobs and are dedicated to finding the right person to fit each company and vacancy.
Trusted Recruiters for Supply Chain and Logistics Jobs Vacancies
Our team have the expertise, exposure and network to deal with any logistics and supply chain recruitment challenges.
We are committed to acting in your best interests and making our customers and clients happy. We ensure that our candidates are suitable, both in experience and fit, for the vacancy.
When you register your logistics or supply chain vacancy with SDW recruitment, we match your company and vacancy with our database of active candidates. We will only send you appropriately qualified and experienced candidates and if we don’t have any that suit your needs, we will tell you!
As well as our database, candidates can be found through online advertisements, digital marketing, industry specific job boards, and through network recommendations.
A Variety of Logistics and Supply Chain Jobs
We offer a variety of jobs in the logistics and supply chain sectors. At SDW Recruitment, we recruit for the following roles:
Stock controller, analyst (goods in), goods out controller, logistics co-ordinator, dispatch supervisor, supply chain co-ordinator, transport planner, scheduler, transport operator, warehouse team leader, parts administrator, inventory & planning co-ordinator, stores person and other admin/logistical roles.
No matter your vacancy, we will look for clients within our database that match your expectations in terms of skills, qualifications and experience.
Why Choose SDW for Supply Chain and Logistics Jobs?
SDW is constantly striving to be different. We don’t operate on a system of sales targets for our consultants and competitive call center environments. Our entire operation is built on a desire to match people to jobs that they’re right for and that they’ll enjoy. None of our team are from a recruitment agency background; this means that we’re able to come into the work from a fresh perspective, without any of the toxicity that can mar otherwise decent agencies.
Utimately, SDW differs from other recruitment companies because of our genuine passion for the shipping and logistics industry. We are truly interested in making a difference in people’s lives and helping companies find the right people to suit their roles.
The logistics & supply chain industry is estimated to be worth over £96 billion to the UK
Supply Chain & Logistics
Supply Chain Manager / Co-ordinator
What would you do?
Supply chains are made up of different operations, from forecasting trends and buying through to transport and distribution.
Depending on which part of the supply chain you’re in, your day-to-day tasks may include:
- working with procurement managers and buyers to select products that are in demand and will sell
- negotiating and managing contracts with suppliers
- planning the best way to get goods from suppliers to distribution centres and retailers
- tracking shipments and stock levels using computer software
- working with retailers to make sure they receive their goods on time and in the right condition
- looking at ways to improve supply chain networks
- monitoring overall performance to make sure targets are met
- preparing forecasts and inventories
Salary (as a guide only)
- Starting salaries are in the region of £19,000 to £23,000. With experience this can progress from £25,000 to £45,000.
- At a middle management level, transport professionals can earn £35,000 to £45,000, with this increasing to £50,000 to £60,000 at senior management level.
Working hours are typically 35 to 40 hours per week. Normally Monday to Friday, typically office hours but depending on having to align with other countries working hours you may need to be flexible.
What to expect
- The work is mainly office based.
- The dress code is normally smart as you will be meeting key stakeholders and suppliers.
- The working environment can be stressful, as much of the work is aimed at meeting tight delivery deadlines.
- There could be a requirement for international travel to meet suppliers and overseas agents
For more information on the industry, you can visit the Chartered Institute of Logistics & Transport in the UK (CILT) website here – https://www.ciltuk.org.uk/default.aspx
Contact us for Supply Chain and Logistics Jobs Recruitment
Contact the team at 02380 336633 or at email@example.com for more information about logistics and supply chain jobs. We are always happy to hear from you. For a recruitment partner that will properly represent you within the logistics and supply chain jobs industry, choose SDW Recruitment.